Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Biggest Loser Run Walk 5K

Last weekend I participated in the Biggest Loser 5K. I came in 9th in my age division :) with a time of 1 hour 2 minutes and a walking pace of of 20:12. I think I did pretty good, top 10 is pretty darn good. I have 3 more 5K's lined up in a row, one on May 2nd (Lion's Club Tunnel Vision 5K), then May 9th (Do it in The Bush 5K) then May 16th (Cystic Fibrosis 5K) . After that I won't have any until September (Ovarian Cancer)  and  October 10th (Diabetes) unless I find some this summer to participate in. So in other words, I have the 5K walking bug. LOL It took me all week to recuperate from the Biggest Loser 5K, my back was in pain and I lost a toe nail. from a blister underneath it :( But like they say, No Pain, No Gain.

Here are photos from the race.
















As far as juicing, I have been doing an occasional smoothie. My last juice was on the morning of the Biggest Loser walk. I am going to start back juicing shortly as I miss it and the nutrients. I slacked off a bit closer to my race day and haven't been  back to it since. :(  But my weight has remained stable which is a good thing. I just need to get back to juicing and the gym. My pause in the gym was due to my foot/toe injury. ouch. But it's all better now. So to the gym I shall go today to get in a good walk on the treadmill and a bit of a work out.

Upcoming race photos to be shared this weekend. I am looking forward to walking through the tunnel.... that ought to be super cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment